Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

"That you shall therein have all that you choose?"

On my way back from work, the taxi driver played Surah Qalam. My concentration wasn't too great unfortunately as I'd had a tiring day but the verses below struck me. Although Allah (swt) is addressing the disbelievers at the time of the Prophet (pbuh) when they challenged him about after life and what they assumed they would have, the thoughts that ran through my head were about how we sometimes become so arrogant and so quick to complain ABOUT Allah (swt) instead of complaining TO Allah (swt). It's as if we have guaranteed ourselves that we will get everything we want in life... subhanAllah. May Allah give us the ability to reflect. 

أَمْ لَكُمْ كِتَابٌ فِيهِ تَدْرُسُونَ
Or have you a Book wherein you learn,
إِنَّ لَكُمْ فِيهِ لَمَا تَخَيَّرُونَ
That you shall therein have all that you choose?


Surah Qalam - Verses 37 and 38

Post a Comment

0 Comments