Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Are those who know equal to those who do not know?



The difference between a scholar and a lay person:  I was sat with a dear sheikh recently and we were discussing a certain worldly issue and what the right answer to this small challenge/opportunity be.  I was asked for my opinion and I began to give my thoughts on the impact the path chosen would have.  Both positive and negative.  However, I only listed things that were positive and negative in the eyes of people.  The sheikh listened without interrupting and once I'd finished, he said something  which made me realise how narrow my perspective on things really was.  He simply said: "The issue is much bigger than that though.  The issue is not about what people will think and say.  The issue is whether all of us would feel comfortable going to our graves having taken this decision.  Would Allah be happy with the decision we take?"  SubhanAllah.  The following verse from Surah Az-Zumar comes to mind:

"Are those who know equal to those who do not know?"

May Allah grant us all knowledge and protect our mashaykh.

Post a Comment

0 Comments