Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

The Value of One Person In Your Life...



Sometimes you truly do not realise the value of a person in your life until they've gone… Take for example my dearest friend Tehseen, may Allah have mercy on him. Wallahi I never realised how much he meant to me until his illness. I never realised how much I relied on him, how I turned to him for advice, how he treated me as his younger brother, how much love he had for me, how he'd be there for me at my darkest moments as well as my happiest and how big a void his passing would leave in my life.

Yet, I often used to think about what it was that made us such close friends and why, until today, I miss him so much. Apart from the fact that we loved each other for the sake of Allah, it came down to forgiveness and agreeing to disagree. There were many instances where me and Tehseen disagreed with each other, sometimes big disagreements, but, not once did any disagreement become a cause of hatred in our hearts. Even after a heated discussion, we would still leave with a smile on our faces.

Realise my brothers and sisters that life is short. Wallahi life is very short and genuine people are rare. Never ever let differences create hatred. Never ever intentionally hurt others. Always be willing to apologise. Accept when you've made a mistake and try to make amends. Never go to sleep with hatred in your heart. Learn to forgive and never take people for granted…

May Allah grant us all genuine people in our lives and allow our love and hatred be for His sake alone.

Post a Comment

0 Comments