Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Thanking Allah

How do you thank Allah enough for His blessings when even you thanking Him is a blessing from Him? 

Imam Ahmad reports from al-Mughira b. Utba: When Allah revealed unto Dawud His statement: "Work O sons of Dawud with thanks! But few of My servants are grateful!", he said: ‘How can I be able to thank You? For You grant me Your bounties, then enable me to thank You for those bounties, due to which you grant me further bounties upon bounties?! All bounties are from You, O Lord! How can I be able to thank You?’ Allah replied: ‘Now, O Dawud, you have recognised me!’ (Kitab al-Zuhd p. 60)


Al-Saffarini comments on this: ‘Thus, a servant can never be satisfied with thanking Allah enough for the most insignificant of His bounties, except by acknowledging his inability to thank Him enough!’

Post a Comment

0 Comments