Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

A Crazy Thing Happened This Weekend...


Something truly amazing happened this weekend.  I was very hesitant about sharing this, but, I hope it strengthens your emaan like it strengthened mine.  You know how we're taught that if you give up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will replace it with something better?  You know how we're taught about tawakkul and trusting in Allah?  You know how strange events take place in our lives and the moment they happen, we have no idea why they're happening, but later, when we reflect, we realise that it was the Qadr of Allah in action.

Well, this weekend, I met a very dear friend who I had not seen for about 2 years.  We met in the best of places: Makkah.  He is somebody very dear to me.  We were going for lunch whilst I was thinking about what to gift him.  Something in my mind said: 'perfume'.  After purchasing and gifting him perfume, we went for lunch.  I noticed that he became quiet.  As we sat down, I saw another friend I hadn't seen for a while, I went away to speak to him for a few minutes.

When I returned, I noticed my friend was thinking about something.  After a few moments, he said: "Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but, something amazing just happened... as you were away, I was just sat here thinking about what happened.  Yesterday, we were walking out of the Masjid and I noticed a charity stall.  They were collecting money to provide food for the various workers here.  We went to the stall and donated some money.  I then stood by the stall to see what happens next.  Suddenly, I see a line of workers collecting food and drinks from this stall.  I noticed their smiles and the happiness.  I hadn't even donated much.  But, I began to cry as I saw this happen in front of my eyes...

This moved me.  I had saved some money to purchase perfume, but, after seeing this, I promised that I will not spend any money on perfume and will instead donate it all to this stall.  Then today, when you took me to the perfume shop and gifted me this, I didn't know what to say... I gave up something (perfume) for Allah's sake and Allah still gave it to me..."  Allahu Akbar.

Yet, this isn't even the most amazing part.  The next part was the most amazing for me.  Even he doesn't know this.  A few weeks a go, 3 dear brothers from Bradford planned on coming for Umrah this past weekend.  I was asked if I'll be around so that we could meet up.  I had absolutely no plans to go down as this was the last weekend before my holidays and I was planning on using it to purchase last minute things and to pack up.  However, I thought it would be a good opportunity to not only meet these 3, but, to also perform Umrah before the holidays.  So, I booked the trip.

However, I had no idea at that point that the friend who I've mentioned above, would also be coming.  A week a go, I changed my phone number and sent a mass message to my contacts.  I got a reply from this friend asking whether I'd be in Makkah for this weekend as he'd be coming for Umrah.  I informed him yes, and we should meet insha'Allah.

It gets even more interesting, the friends I had originally planned on meeting, had to delay their trip due to visa issues.  I found out the night before that they wouldn't make it until Saturday evening, by then, I would probably be in Riyadh!

Now think about what just happened above.  The friends I planned on meeting, I didn't meet. The friend I had no idea would be there, I ended up meeting. I had no plans of doing Umrah this weekend, yet, Allah willed for me to go to Makkah, meet this friend and gift him perfume... Allahu Akbar.  How amazing is this brothers and sisters... think about it... that's tawakkul and Qadr of Allah in action!

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Charity does not decrease wealth"

Post a Comment

0 Comments