Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Riyadh Zoo, Aviation Museum and King Abdullah Park

 


So I finally visited the Riyadh zoo!  Previously, every time I went, it was family timing and bachelors’ timing clashed with work so having almost given up on ever visiting it, a miracle happened.  I was given the opportunity to take two awesome kids out for a day and thought zoo would be a good place to start. O and then we went to King Abdullah Park and the following week was Riyadh Aviation Museum.


Riyadh Zoo

Let me be honest: I was surprised.  In a nice way.  I expected it to be trashed from the stories I had heard, but, it wasn’t too bad.  There were many species of animals and most were awake contrary to what you may read on the net.  Most of the animals also looked well fed.

The kids loved the place.  However, they were mainly interested in seeing ‘scary animals’ lol (don’t ask) so we skipped some of the enclosures.  There are plenty of shops inside for tea, coffee, light snacks and souvenirs etc.  We went a couple of Saturdays ago when the weather wasn’t too warm.  It does get extremely hot in Riyadh during the summer so do prepare your trip carefully taking the weather in to consideration.

O and don’t be tempted to park on the side of the road leading to the entrance. I did and I got ticketed =/

King Abdullah Park

This is a nice park for families.  Has plenty of open areas for picnics etc.  Has a small kids play area, but, the main attraction is the lake and the fountains.  You can find videos of it on youtube, however, when we went, the fountains were off so didn’t get to see them in action.  I was later informed that they’re switched on after Maghrib and Isha.

Anyway, it was nice seeing the lake with it’s crystal clear water and plenty of tadpoles swimming in it.


Aviation Museum

If you’ve ever been to, or lived in, Riyadh, I’m sure you’ve driven past this place on many occasions and thought about going in but never did.  Well, this past weekend, I forced myself to go as I was with the two little kids who are like nephews to me. Again, this was a pleasant surprise.  It was really good masha’Allah.  Plenty of planes.  Good layout.  Friendly staff.

The only disappointment was the flight simulators.  Only one of them was in action and it was average.  I’m sure the others are way better.

The entrance fee is: 10sar for adults and 5sar for kids.  It’s worth it in my opinion.  You do have to pay extra for the simulators.  Museum is usually open after 4pm.

Post a Comment

0 Comments